Even though marijuana is considered to be a drug, it keeps becoming legal for recreational use in more and more states in the U.S., as well as countries worldwide. So, this has to make you wonder… Does marijuana really have a negative effect on our minds and bodies as we were taught?
Well, the answer is – not really. There are several physical and psychological benefits of consuming marijuana (which we’ll mention later). And, what you may wonder right now is how do cannabis and meditation work together? How can you combine marijuana with raising your vibration and tuning into greater levels of light? Most importantly, how does smoking affect your spiritual well being?
Cannabis can be tricky to work with when it comes to spirituality. For many people, there’s a learning curve in finding out how to most skillfully benefit from the marijuana plant as a spiritual ally. Several factors can influence the short- and long-term spiritual effects of cannabis—dosage, strain, frequency of use, a person’s state of mind and body at the time, the specific setting, and, perhaps even the ability to calm down the mind and allow periods of inner stillness.
So, if you’re wondering how does smoking affect your spiritual well being and what are the benefits of marijuana, keep reading!
Table of Contents
Much research has been carried out on the health benefits of marijuana, and scientists got some surprising results. An overall conclusion is that marijuana can improve your quality of life, and here is how.
Few research studies have found that people who consume marijuana have low body mass index, making them less at risk to develop diabetes and become obese.
Another research by Harvard Medical School has revealed that smoking weed in small doses can balance off anxiety effects.
Also, it appears that when they are under the effect of marijuana, users tend to be more creative and have better verbal fluency and divergent thinking.
Consuming marijuana can be also used as a remedy for many diseases such as Alzheimer’s, arthritis, cancer, lung health, and epilepsy. Marijuana helps patients by reducing pain and lessening the occurrence of seizures and inflammation. The U.S. government even declared that marijuana can shrink cancer cells. Another published research has also established that chemical compounds like cannabidiol present in weed can stop the ID-1 gene from spreading the cancer cells.
Another health condition marijuana can help prevent is glaucoma, an eye disease that usually puts pressure in the eyeball and damages the optic nerves. Glaucoma can result in loss of vision. Using marijuana can decrease eye pressure, according to one study, and also lower intraocular pressure in people with glaucoma. The drug effect can also slow down the progression of the disease and therefore, prevent blindness.
Many athletes are no strangers to using marijuana to boost their stamina, performance, and reduce recovery time. Even though there is no scientific proof, many athletes claim that cannabis helps them reduce muscle soreness.
Now that we covered all the amazing health benefits of marijuana, it’s time to focus on spirituality. Many people are afraid of consuming marijuana because it is a psychoactive drug, meaning that it will alter your state of consciousness and change your perception. Marijuana affects your spirituality by helping become more open to the perspective of the fourth dimension.
The psychoactive components in marijuana are designed to help you transcend your current reality. When you consume marijuana, you will open a portal to a different reality; the reality in which common interactions are enhanced Sight, hearing, taste, smell, touch, and extrasensory perception are all enhanced. This makes food taste better (got the munchies?), visuals appear more alive, heightened sexual experiences, and a nose that will track down your most desired scents. This is all completely dependent on the user’s intention to align with the cannabis frequency, one that requires permission to show you its beauty.
So, does marijuana affect spiritual experiences? Yes, and in a good way!
However, it is important to point out that people react to marijuana differently. This depends on how you consume it. If you go for strains, edibles, candies, and cookies, they will all trigger a unique experience but not as strong as the experience you get when you directly smoke or ingest marijuana.
No matter how you’re using it, either smoking or ingesting it, you will become a vibrational match with the marijuana plant (yes, there is something called the vibrational frequency of plants). The ability to experience another dimension depends solely on your intention to align with the cannabis frequency, one that requires permission to show you its beauty.
Now you may find yourself wondering what does the vibrational frequency of plants refer to. And, is becoming a vibrational match with marijuana helpful, or will it weigh you down on your spiritual path?
The answer to this question is – it depends on where you are vibrationally when you smoke or ingest cannabis. If your vibration is lower than the vibration of marijuana, consuming it will elevate your vibration. However, if you’ve “ascended” and are already operating from a higher vibrational frequency, smoking marijuana will lower your vibration.
Because of this, it is important to be careful about how you use marijuana on the path to spiritual growth. It is a good strategy at the beginning because it can help you break free from this realm and ascend into a higher one; it can help you see beyond the veil. But, consuming marijuana won’t teach you how to do this on your own.
If you become dependent on marijuana for spiritual ascension, then it may become a crutch as you keep returning to reach that same vibrational state, inviting the potential for you to become dependent on our green friend.
So, what can you do about this? Well, the good news is that marijuana is very reactive to intention. If you have an intention to work on your spirituality, then you can meditate before consuming so you could connect with the higher dimensions. By doing things this way, marijuana can invite fourth-dimensional entities into your space.
Looking for some tips on weed and meditation? Keep reading!
If you wondered how does smoking affect your spiritual well being, one of the answers is that it can improve your meditation. If you’ve been struggling lately to let go of your thoughts, you can try consuming cannabis before meditation.
Cannabis has a knack for focusing the mind and when you combine cannabis and meditation, you will take your experience to the next level.
Cannabis is a great vehicle that will help you get to where you need to be, mentally. Our brains are full of cannabinoid receptors in areas of the brain related to behavior, thought, and mood. When cannabinoids in cannabis interact with these receptors, they produce euphoric, relaxing effects.
However, it is not unlikely to experience an increase in anxiety after consuming marijuana. This happens after you consume certain strains or certain cannabinoid ratios. So, before you reach this perfect state of relaxation, you will need to find the ideal strain and ration before starting your meditative journey.
Besides experimenting with strains of cannabis, you should also explore different meditation methods. We’ve prepared four different methods of meditation for you that will help you clear your head and improve your spiritual well-being. Here is how to combine weed and meditation.
The aim of “gazing” meditation is to improve your concentration, promote clarity, and sharpen your focus by setting your eyes on one object. The focus on the object allows for the dismissal of wandering thoughts and thinking patterns, ultimately clearing a path for a calmer mind.
This object can be anything in your room, but we recommend focusing on something that is soothing to view such as a flame, ripples in a body of water, or a mandala. For the optimal results, you should consume a focus-promoting strain of cannabis. This will help you reach mental clarity and full-body tranquility.
Here is how to do gazing meditation:
- Choose an object to gaze at and sit across from it in a comfortable position.
- With the object in clear sight before you, try focusing on the details. So, if you’re looking at a candle flame, watch how it moves and flickers. Or, pay attention to the intricate patterns and colors of the mandala
- Do not strain your gaze. Allow the image to wash over you as you focus on it. As you gaze at the object, start focusing on your breath. Take deep and soft breaths and gradually move towards viewing the object without contextualizing it in thought at all.
- Faze at the chosen object until your mind is clear and you find yourself calm and relaxed.
meditation candle flame no sound 1hour
As you probably already know, taking deep breaths is the cornerstone of meditation. By controlling your breath, you can control not only your thoughts but also all your emotions. This is the simplest strategy to gain control of a runaway monkey mind.
Once you consume cannabis, here is how to meditate properly:
- Sit in a comfortable position with your back straight and chest upright. Close your eyes and start relaxing your body, starting from shoulders. Allow the tension to melt out of your body.
- Focus on your breath in this state and then take a deep breath in through your nose. Let your abdomen and chest fill with air.
- Once you have fully inhaled, pause for a second or two and then start to exhale slowly. Pause again for a couple of seconds, then inhale again and repeat this pattern.
- As you take deep breaths, focus only on your breath and allow your mind to clear. Repeat the pattern until you feel relaxed, and enjoy the sensation of how all the negativities just melts away from you… then back to your breath.
If you really like the previous two meditation options, but you just can’t relax or sit still, here is something for you to try out. The idea with this meditation type is to focus on your body and discover the tense areas so that you can allow them to relax. With this inward focus, the mind is permitted to let go of aggravating thoughts.
Here is how you can become more mindful of your body:
- Start by lying on your back on a comfortable surface such as a yoga mat or even a bed. Place your arms at your sides with your palms turned up. Let your fingers curl naturally. You should relax your legs and allow the feet to fall outward. Allow yourself to sink into the earth beneath you and feel the heaviness of your body as you start to unwind.
- Now, prepare to scan your entire body with your mind and find tense body parts. Start by focusing on your feet, toes, and ankles, and let them relax fully. Then, continue by moving up your legs, thighs, hips, lower back, and stomach. Go on to your arms, hands, fingers, shoulders, neck, jaw, and the muscles in your face. Slowly move from one body part to another. Take your time to discover tension, and, once you do, allow it to dissipate.
- As you focus on relaxing your body, also pay attention to your breathing. Make sure that you are taking slow, relaxed, deep breaths. Breathe in, take a pause, then breathe out. Once you go over all your body parts, your body will be filled with relaxation. But, don’t stop there. Continue lying and breathing, and then allow the calmness to spread from your body to your mind.
These were our top three meditation techniques that will allow you to get the most out of combining weed and meditation. All three strategies are meant to have two benefits. First, they will help you cut through the tendency to get caught in the busy mind that happens when trying to use cannabis spiritually. Then, by giving some extra attention to the breath, you will increase the flow of freshly oxygenated blood and potentiates the accompanying relaxation of the musculature that can be generated by the physical and spiritual effects of cannabis (helps you relax more is what we mean).
So, what are your thoughts on weed and meditation? Are you willing to give this experience a try? Share your thoughts in the comments!